Are you a patient with health insurance outside the Slovak Republic and need treatment in a hospital?
Are you a foreign health insurance company and has your insured been treated in our
F. D. Roosevelt University Hospital in Banská Bystrica (the “FDRH”)?
Information on how to proceed:
* If a foreign patient needs treatment, he may visit the emergency department.
The emergency department is situated on the ground floor of the inpatient department block designated as -1 floor.
Contact: 421 48/441 3700 (we recommend that you have an interpreter in the Slovak language)
* The hospital will check whether a patient is from an EU Member State and has a health insurance card valid in the EU, or the patient is not from an EU Member State and hence is a self-paying person.
* Prior to any treatment, the provider will make a copy of the EU health insurance card and ID card or other identity card.
2.1. Patient from an EU Member State
* If the patient is from an EU Member State and does not have a health insurance card, they must pay for the costs of the provided health care themselves.
* If the patient is from an EU Member State and has a health insurance card, the costs of the provided health care will be paid by their insurance company (this is in case of acute care or emergency medical care).
* An EU card does not cover transportation costs.
1/ Outpatient treatment of a patient who is not a member of an EU state and has private insurance
* Patient with such insurance must pay in cash, or with a major credit card for outpatient treatment and other related examinations (e.g X-ray examination, CT examination, laboratory processing of biological material).
* The patient will receive an outpatient treatment report and a receipt for the treatment to be reimbursed by his insurance company.
* In case the patient refuses or is unable to pay the costs of treatment, he must contact his insurance company by telephone, announcing his treatment and requesting the insurance company to call the Hospital admission office at 00421 48 4413196. The insurance company shall confirm coverage for the patient and guarantee payment for the treatment.
* A written guarantee for payment must be sent immediately to: mbarisova(_@_)nspbb.sk, prijimacka1(_@_)nspbb.sk
* It will be essential that the guarantee indicates the address to which the treatment invoice will be sent.
2/ Hospitalized patient
* If after an outpatient examination the physician considers that further treatment is necessary in the form of hospitalization and the patient agrees with the hospitalization, the patient shall contact the insurance company with which he has concluded the insurance and inform it about the insurance event requiring hospitalization. At the same time, he will ask for a guarantee of reimbursement of the costs of hospitalization to be sent to mbarisova(_@_)nspbb.sk.
* If the insurance company needs information about the health status of the insured, it will be necessary necessary to contact the the head of the relevant department / clinic where the patient is hospitalized. Contacts are provided on the Department / Clinic web pages.
Other important contacts:
• Admission Office – phone: 00421 48 441 3196, e-mail: prijimacka1(_@_)nspbb.sk
• Confirmation to the Hospital that the patient is your insured.
• Department of Relations with Health Insurance Companies – Ing. Monika Barišova, PhD., e-mail: mbarisova(_@_)nspbb.sk
– Submitting a guarantee of treatment coverage
University Hospital with Polyclinic of F. D. Roosevelt Banská Bystrica (the “FDRH”) is a state hospital established by the Ministry of Health of the Slovak Republic.
Hospital basic mission and activity description
The basic mission of the FDRH is provision of comprehensive healthcare and services related to the provision of healthcare services both from public and other sources, with a patient/client orientation in order to improve their health status and quality of life.
Since 2004, the FDRH is a university hospital and the second largest educational base of the Slovak Medical University (“SMU”). At present, the FDRH is a university hospital with a number of top experts and specialists, providing health care for the inhabitants of the Banská Bystrica self-governing region. Some specialized services and procedures are, given their specificity and uniqueness, provided to patients throughout Slovakia.
Each inpatient department has its own specialized outpatient clinics, which provide highly specialized diagnostic and treatment services to outpatient patients, dispensing patients requiring specific care that can not be provided by extramural private specialists.
Another important part of the FDRH are so called paraclinic departments providing diagnostic and treatment services not only within the Hospital but also in the wider region. Laboratory departments are integrated into the central laboratory diagnostics complex with a single organizational, methodical and documentation system.
- In the FDRH there are the following:
- 16 teaching departments,
- 8 inpatient departments,
- 95 specialized outpatient clinics, including 10 outpatient clinics of the emergency department,
- 7 paraclinic departments including the Central Laboratory Complex (clinical biochemistry workplace, clinical haematology workplace and clinical microbiology workplace)
- A hospital pharmacy and
- The public pharmacy “Our pharmacy”.
Unique services provided in the FDRH
Unique services we provide include robotically assisted surgery, and kidney and liver transplants. At the same time, each clinic, or each department has in its portfolio diagnostic, therapeutic procedures that are unique and no other medical facility in the region is able to provide them:
- The only center of robotically assisted surgery
- The most comprehensive treatment of liver disease in Slovakia
- Complete eye surgery (front and rear segment) – 2nd Eye Teaching Department of the Slovak Medical University
- Transplantation of kidneys from living donors, cross-transplants – 2nd Urology Teaching Department of the Slovak Medical University
- The only Department of Gastroenterology in the Slovak Republic – 2nd Surgery Teaching Department of the Slovak Medical University
- The largest range of liver operations – 2nd Surgery Teaching Department of the Slovak Medical University
- Duodenopancreatectomy – 2nd Surgery Teaching Department of the Slovak Medical University
- The widest range of mini-invasive procedures in Slovakia (thyroid surgery by MIVAT, MIVAP, SILS methods) – Department of mini-invasive surgery
- Interventional Radiology – TIPS, TACE, EVAR …
- Complete radiotherapy with the possibility of using IMRT – Department of Clinical Oncology
- High-specialized laparoscopic procedures (radical hysterectomy with extended lymphadenocytoma) – 2nd Teaching Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics of the Slovak Medical University
- Neurosurgical operations of the brain, stereotactic treatment – Neurosurgery Teaching Department of the Slovak Medical University
- Preparation and care of patients after renal and hepatic transplantation – 2nd Internal Teaching Department of the Slovak Medical University
- Complex diagnosis and treatment of epilepsy -2nd Neurology Teaching Department of the Slovak Medical University
- STROKECENTRE – comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of intracerebral thrombosis – 2nd Neurology Teaching Department of the Slovak Medical University
- Chronic pain treatment – Algesiology Teaching Department of the Slovak Medical University
- Complex minimally invasive treatment of urinary stones – 2nd Urology Teaching Department of the Slovak Medical University
- Hemophilia Patient Care Center – Hematology Department
- Perinatology Center – Department of Neonatology and the Intensive and Resuscitation Care Unit
- Hand replantation, cleft lip surgery in newborns – Plastic Surgery Teaching Department
- Melanoma Center, Center of Contact and Drug Allergy – Dermatovenerology Teaching Department of the Slovak Medical University